My dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
I stand before you today with a testimonial or perhaps a story that I believe many can relate to- a story of a faith journey that has taken me from the deepest valleys of doubt, rebellion, and darkness, to the radiant mountain top of redemption and a renewal in the loving embrace of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.There was a period in my life when I felt like I had lost my way entirely. I had grown up in the church, surrounded by the teachings of Christ, but as I reached adulthood I found myself drifting away. The cares of the world, the allure of rebellion, and the distractions of everyday life pulled me further from the faith I had once held so dear.I began to question everything I had been taught. Doubts crept in like shadows, obscuring the light of my belief. I felt a growing sense of rebellion, a desire to test the boundaries and experience what the world had to offer even if it meant walking away from the church.For two decades I walked in darkness. I made choices I'm not proud of that distanced me from the path of righteousness. my heart grew cold and I felt far removed from the love and grace of God. I abandoned the church thinking I could find fulfillment elsewhere. but instead, I only found emptiness and despair.In the midst of my rebellion, I reached a breaking point. I hit rock bottom and I realised the worldly pleasures that I had pursued were empty and fleeting. I was lost, broken and in need of something greater than myself.It was then that I heard a quiet, persistent voice deep within my soul, the voice of the Holy Spirit, calling me back to Jesus Christ. It was as it a divine hand reached down into the abyss of my heart and began to lift me up. I know that I needed to find Jesus Christ again, to accept Him anew into my life. That's why I met, last March, this year Sister Campbell and Sister Pail. And I know that it is a signal I waited for and prayed for to come back again in the church.The journey back to faith was not without it's challenges. I had to confront all my sins, face the consequences of my actions and humble myself before the Lord. It was a long journey of repentance, of laying down the burdens I had carried for so long and surrendering myself completely to God's Will.As I turned back to Jesus, I felt His arms of love and forgiveness wrap around me. The weight of all my guilt and shame began to lift, replaced by a sense of unwavering grace. I discovered faith once more and in the most meaningful way. A faith that transcends doubt and rebellion, a faith grounded in the unchanging love of our Saviour, and a faith that fills the emptiness residing in my heart and soul.With that faith, came an overwhelming sense of hope. The stress that had overloaded my life for so long was dispelled by the radiant hope found in Christ. I began to understand deeply the depth of His sacrifices for me and for us and the boundless hope He offers to all who believe.Aside from faith, I learned to love too, love myself and it was placed in my heart. the reckless rébellion I had once pursued was replaced by a longing to love and serve others as Jesus had loved and served. His example of Sacrificial love became my guiding light, illuminating the path of righteousness.And peace- the peace that washed over my troubled soul. The storms that had raged within me were stilled by the Prince of peace. My restless heart found rest in the presence of Jesus who calms the tempest seas in our lives.My prayers, once whispered in desperation were now assured with a profound sense of God's presence and guidance. He had never abandoned me, he had been with me all along, patiently waiting for my return.And so, with a heart overflowing with gratitude, I come before you today as a living testament to the transformative power of Jesus Christ. I have not only found my way back to the church that I left decades ago, but I have found my way back to Christ himself- a Christ who welcomes the prodigal with open arms, who rejoices in the lost sheep found.I share this testimony not to glorify my past rebellion, but to glorify the one who redeems and restores. I stand here as a living testament to the truth that no one is beyond the reach of God's love and forgiveness. My life is a testament to the hope that even in the darkest, hateful, sinful of moments, Christ's light can break and crack through as long as we allow it to come inside of us.My great grandparents told us when we were young, "if you don't do something crazy when you're young, you'll have nothing to laugh about when you're old." I guess I probably overdid it. and yet, perhaps I was wounded those times, but now I was healed and not defeated.And lastly, I would like to encourage anyone who may be walking in doubt, rebelling against faith, or feeling lost in the wilderness of life or doubting about Faith- there is always hope. Jésus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. He is the light that can pierce even the deepest darkness and thick walls of doubts. He stands ready to receive you, to love you and to bring you faith, hope, love and peace beyond measure.May we all continue to walk in His path, His light, share His love, and be living testimonies of His grace and blessings. in the name of Jesus our Savior, Amen.
Acknowledgement to: I would like to extend my thanks to Abbe Campbell and Michelle Pail for their formidable patience , to Andreas and Ebba Strandberg a lovely couple who patiently remind me about the church cultures, to Sister Allison Halterman for translating the hard copies to soft copies and to Sister Lily Davison as well, to Laurent Gentil as my translator in the church, the missionaries and the rest of the officers and members of the ward.

its Awesome, hail JC!
ReplyDelete