
Honesty: Being truthful and transparent in all interactions.
- Doctrine and Covenants 42:20: "And now, behold, I speak unto the church. Thou shalt not steal; neither commit adultery, nor kill, nor do anything like unto it."
Integrity: Acting with consistency and maintaining moral principles.
- Doctrine and Covenants 101:78: "That every man may act in doctrine and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral agency which I have given unto him, that every man may be accountable for his own sins in the day of judgment."
Respect: Treating others with consideration and recognizing their worth.
- Doctrine and Covenants 88:124: "Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated."
Responsibility: Taking accountability for one's actions and their consequences.
- Doctrine and Covenants 58:26-28: "For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward. Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness."
Compassion: Showing kindness and empathy towards others.
- Doctrine and Covenants 42:29: "If thou lovest me thou shalt serve me and keep all my commandments."
Fairness: Acting justly and equitably in all situations.
- Doctrine and Covenants 64:10: "I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men."
Courage: Facing challenges and difficulties with bravery and determination.
- Doctrine and Covenants 58:26-27: "For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward. Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness."
Generosity: Sharing resources and helping those in need.
- Doctrine and Covenants 42:31: "Thou shalt not steal; neither commit adultery, nor kill, nor do anything like unto it."
Forgiveness: Letting go of resentment and granting pardon.
- Doctrine and Covenants 64:9: "Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin."
Gratitude: Appreciating and expressing thanks for what one has.
Doctrine and Covenants 59:7: "Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."
Tolerance: Accepting differences and respecting diverse perspectives. Doctrine and Covenants 38:24: "And let every man esteem his brother as himself, and practise virtue and holiness before me."
Empathy: Understanding and sharing the feelings of others. Doctrine and Covenants 64:9: "Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin."
Patience: Enduring difficulties with calmness and perseverance. Doctrine and Covenants 101:38: "And seek the face of the Lord always, that in patience ye may possess your souls, and ye shall have eternal life."
Humility: Acknowledging one's strengths and weaknesses without arrogance. Doctrine and Covenants 112:10: "Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers."
Sustainability: Acting in ways that promote the well-being of future generations and the environment. While the Doctrine and Covenants may not explicitly address sustainability, the principles of stewardship over the earth and gratitude for God's creations are found throughout. You may refer to broader LDS teachings and environmental stewardship principles for guidance on sustainability.
No comments:
Post a Comment